This theatre was built in the late 19C over the remains of the old church of Sant’Erasmo, destroyed around 1564. The building was inaugurated in 1891. It has a late-Neoclassical facade and statuary features depicting masks of the Commedia dell’Arte on the cornice. After ceasing its theatrical activity, it was converted to a cinema in the second half of the last century and the interiors totally refurnished. The apse of the church of Sant’Erasmo and an epigraph commemorating the origins of the religious building, ‘arisen from the ruins of a temple of Jupiter’ survive on the side.
- Street and number
- V. Piave. 21