Centro storico

Legendhas it that the origins of this village can be traced back to the victory of Caius Mario on the Cimbri. It is certain that the Romans took control of the area in the first century BC. First mention of this can be found in a document of 1111. Not to be missed is the church of the Blessed Virgin of the Assumption which contains a cycle of fifteenth century frescoes which take up nearly all of the counter-façade. The Oratory of the Bonelli Fields, entirely in terracotta and built in the VI century, houses a cycle of XIV century frescoes and is one of the best conserved churches dating back to the middle ages in the Mantua area. Just a short distance away, in the territory of the Municipality of  Redondesco, we find the Romitorio di San Pietro, of the same historic period. The tower and some accessory rooms of the pre-existing stronghold are all that remain of the ancient fortifications..

Web site
Street and number
Piazza Castello, 3
Mariana Mantovana