Drizzona - Historic center

The village is located in the flood-bed area of the river Oglio. Its vicinity to the river has characterised the history of the area, inhabited since prehistoric times by a population that lived on stilts. A series of reclamation work was carried out over the centuries, as the populations alternated: first of all the Etruscans, than the Cenoman Galls, then the Romans. But it was the reclamation work of the Benedictine Friars that made the area healthy and fertile, while the excavation work of the Lake and creation of the Delmona canal between 1200 and 1300 gave the area its current appearance.

City
DRIZZONA
Country
ITA
loading