Derovere - Historic center

Derovere, known in ancient times as De' Rovere, has very ancient origins. During Napoleonic times, the municipality was taken over and regained its autonomy in 1816with establishment of the Lombardy-Venetian Reign. To be visited is the parish church dedicated to Saint George and mentioned as long ago as 1057. Nearby, along the track of the ancient Postumia Way, we find the sanctuary of  Ca’ de’ Cervi, traditionally believed to be theatre of a miraculous apparition of the Blessed Virgin.

City
DEROVERE
Country
ITA
loading