No reliable information exists about the origins of the place. Probably the area was reclaimed by the Romans, as traces of their presence and the toponomy of the area suggest.
According to the historian Robolotti, Alfiano Vecchio and Nuovo con Grumone have Roman origin; of interest are the Oratory of Saint Giulia and the Manna Roncadelli Vaghi Villa in Grumone with the faithful reproduction of the grotto of the immaculate conception of Lourdes (1982) the areas are bathed by the river Oglio and have a particular charm.
Of Gothic origin is Aspice (formerly Vico Furio) founded in 492 with the oratory of Saint Rocco of 1535.
Corte de’ Frati (formerly Corte de’ Zeni) dates back to the IX century. The church of the Saints Philip and James was built on the foundations of the Castle in the year 1683; the Square is of great artistic interest.
At the Town Cultural centre we can visit the mineral and fossils museum and Exhibitions of local painters.
- CORTE DE' FRATI