Commessaggio – Historic center

It once marked the eastern border of the Gonzaga domain, the reason why in 1583 Duke Vespasiano had an impressive Tower built on it, which, with its 28 metres ending in slender corbels, still guards the very beautiful village. Worthy of note is the village’s Parish Church inside of which we find the painting of “S. Francesco in estasi” attributed to Giambattista Cignaroli and the "San Francesco da Sales" by Giuseppe Maria Crespi. Commessaggio is also home to a small pontoon bridge across the Navarolo canal, at the entrance to the village.

Web site
www.comune.commessaggio.mn.it
Street and number
Piazza Italia, 1
City
Commessaggio
Country
ITA
loading