The Museum of Photography of Cavenago d’Adda retraces thehistory of photography in the Lodigiano territory; it is dedicatedto Paola and Giuseppe Bescapè and is placed on the first
Mantua Diocesan Museum is in Piazza Virgiliana, in the cloister of former Sant’Agnese monastery.
During XIV century, the followers of the Mantuan Blessed Giovanni Bono (1168-1249) founded in his town, just
In the 1960s, Mr Ugo Francioli arranged the documents kept in his Villimpenta home and relating to two of his illustrious ancestors: Giovanni Nuvolari and Carlo Francioli, leading figures of
An archaeology, history and art museum created by Cavaliere Goffredo Bellini, 1870-1947, a collector from Asola. The collection, enlarged by generous bequests from his fellow townspeople, includes a vast array
Between the late 1820s and early 1830s, the illustrious local citizen and Austrian Consul in Egypt, Giuseppe Acerbi, managed to amass this significant collection of archaeological materials. In 1840, he
On 6th June 2004 the Aquarium of the Po river was inaugurated in Motta Baluffi in the lower territory of Cremona.
The project was co-financed by the European Union and by
The main purpose of the park is to retain the balance between human presence and anthropic activities, in order to preserve the natural environment, the landscape and the culture that
The Agricultural Museum is based inside the former Convent of theOrder of Mary’s Servants, inside the cellars under the present parishhouse.The collection was started in January 1996
Since 1928, the Museum has been located in Palazzo Affaitati, ancient residence of a family who had important European trade connections. The remarkable 16th century architecture was integrated by major
This museum has a vast exhibition area, spread over 11 rooms and its modern amenities and facilities allow it to conduct an intense educational activity, publishing and research programme.
Two small museums have been created at the Torretta Holiday Farm, a typical courtyard farmhouse dating back to the end of the nineteenth century situated in via Marconi:
The Roman finds in this museum come from an archaeological site near the parish church of San Lorenzo, dating from the times of Matilda of Tuscany, and prove the existence
in the northeastern area of the city, where the city walls were partiallyreconstructed. These archaeological data, together with the investigationson the territory made through the use of aerial
The Centre is located into the cultural centre, together with the Teatro Giacometti and the Biblioteca Comunale (the local library), under the XVI century Gonzaga-style arcade built by Bertazzolo.
Also known as the Teatro Scientifico or Teatro Accademico, it was founded by the members of the Accademia Virgiliana and used as a theatre for performances, scientific experiments and doctrinal
Dating from the 18C, decayed and scheduled for demolition, the building stands in the birthplace of the artist Vanni Viviani, who made it the home of his dreams.
His magic was
The native house of Saint Frances Cabrini was bought by theMissionary Sisters
The collections are distributed inside the monumental complex that surrounds two wonderful cloisters and comprise several documents regarding history, art and culture of Crema and its territory.The ancient
It has been arranged in a farmhouse with a typical closed shape, with all buildings surrounding the square farmyard. The manor and the bailiff’s house stand on one side, the