Casteldidone - Historic center

Mentioned for the first time in official documents around the year 1010, it is believed that the  "Castrum Didonis" has existed since the times of the Longobardic king Liutprando. Not to be missed is the prestigious Villa Mina della Scala, residence with late sixteenth century origins with sophisticated halls embellished with admirable sixteenth and seventeenth century frescoes; the Old Castle, few traces of which remain because in the area of Cremona many fortifications were turned into farm houses in later times; the neoclassical parish church of 1836.

City
CASTELDIDONE
Country
ITA
loading