A gate and tower of the fortified village, bastion of the defensive system of the Gonzaga, still survive. Another old monument is the parish church of Saint Antony Abate (1390), bearing traces of frescoes and home to interesting wooden statues attributed to Clemente Zamara. The village is home to an important Civic Museum housing the Giulio Superti Furga Toy Collection, one of the most important collections in Europe. Of great interest also is the exhibition in the Ecomuseum of the Oglio Chiese Valleys, which tells the story of the development of the local areas between the Oglio and the Chiese.
In the area, the Lanche di Runate and Gerre Gavazzi, created following a change in the course of the river at the end of XVIII century, are formed by a semi-circular marshy area, covered in cane thickets and willow trees and are the ideal habitat for many species of local flora and fauna
- Web site
- Street and number
- via Cavour, 31
- Canneto sull`Oglio