Historic center

Asola - Historic center

This important town is located in the western part of the province of Mantova, 38 km far from the city and 42 Mt above the sea level, on the left bank of River Chiese.

Read more

Bozzolo - Historic center

The orthogonal maze of streets and the town walls evoke the presence of a junior branch of the Gonzaga family. About the important buildings of the period we find the

Read more

Calvatone - Historic center

Site of the ancient town of Bedriacum (II centuryB.C.), near which the famous battle took place between Otone and Vitellio (69 d.C.), the precious finds discovered there are housed in

Read more

Canneto sull'Oglio - Historic center

A gate and tower of the fortified village, bastion of the defensive system of the Gonzaga, still survive. Another old monument is the parish church of Saint Antony Abate (1390),

Read more

Casalromano - Historic center

Not to be missed at Casalromano are the religious buildings such as the eighteenth century parish church dedicated to Saint John the Apostle and Evangelist, with its impressive two-level façade.

Read more

Casteldidone - Historic center

Mentioned for the first time in official documents around the year 1010, it is believed that the  "Castrum Didonis" has existed since the times of the Longobardic king Liutprando. Not to

Read more

Castellucchio - Historic center

It is dominated by the impressive medieval tower renovated in 1854 and recently dedicated to the Museum of Ancient Weapons, with a vast collection which also contains items coming from

Read more

Cella Dati - Historic center

The village has been inhabited since the bronze age, as the finds from a settlement discovered during recent excavations prove. It was colonised by the Romans and then was dominated

Read more

Cicognolo - Historic center

The current village has Roman origins, when it was known as Calianum. Its fortification dates back to the l X Century. It was placed under the jurisdiction of the Monastery

Read more

Corte de' Frati - Historic center

No reliable information exists about the origins of the place. Probably the area was reclaimed by the Romans, as traces of their presence and the toponomy of the area suggest.

Read more

CĂ  d'Andrea - Historic center

The first time the village was mentioned in history dates back to 1253 when its name appeared in a notarial deed on the lands owned by the Olivetani brothers. In

Read more

Derovere - Historic center

Derovere, known in ancient times as De' Rovere, has very ancient origins. During Napoleonic times, the municipality was taken over and regained its autonomy in 1816with establishment of the Lombardy-Venetian

Read more

Dosolo – Historic center

Worthy of note is the fifteenth century parish church of the town, dedicated to the saints Gervasio and Protasio, the primitive appearance of which was changed by the restoration project

Read more

Drizzona - Historic center

The village is located in the flood-bed area of the river Oglio. Its vicinity to the river has characterised the history of the area, inhabited since prehistoric times by a

Read more

Gazzuolo - Historic center

In the historic centre of Gazzuolo we can admire the Gonzaga arcades which Ludovico Gonzaga had built at the beginning of the Sixteenth century. It is composed of thirty arches supported

Read more